Work With Us
Independent Journal is a news platform and publisher dedicated to being objective, fair and entertaining. We are a Top 50 website in the US. Traditionally, politics and news have been projected in a way that doesn’t lend itself to social sharing. We want to grow a more informed and diverse community of opinion by using social media to spread fair reporting delivered in an entertaining fashion.
Media Group of America (MGA) is seeking a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team located in the heart of Old Town and just a 15 minute walk from the King Street or Braddock Road Metro station.
As we expand our team, we’re looking for an experienced individual to join us in an IT Leadership capacity, who use bring their experience and skills to manage the growth and development of our IT team and dynamic environment. This Senior Engineer will play an essential role in managing the company technology needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build and lead MGA’s world class engineering team and provide mentorship to Junior Developers
- Build and maintain codebase and information architecture for MGA’s products
- Be responsible for code quality, efficiency, and scalability
- Critical thinker who is comfortable working in a startup environment
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership on a project
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Work with product owners and creative director to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Environment and development management, repository build out and maintenance, automating builds, and scripting deployments
- Technical leader who is a passionate early adopter of new technology
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of services based api’s, react/redux, wordpress, php, AWS web services, and node
- Experience integrating 3rd party open source components
- Expert-level knowledge of JS, CSS, and HTML
- Experience with design/hand off tools such as InVision, Sketch, and Zeplin
- Experience with event based analytics services, google analytics, and google tag manager
Independent Journal Review (IJR) is one of the largest news publishers in the world. IJR is a news site dedicated to providing objective, fair, and deeply creative, shareable news. We are a Top 50 website in the US, averaging more than 30 million unique visitors a month. Traditionally, news and politics have been presented in a way that doesn’t lend itself to social sharing. We want to change that. By connecting deeply with our audience and building trust, we strive to foster a more informed and diverse community of opinion, using social connections to spread fair reporting delivered in a socially native fashion.
We're looking for a full-time, creative, passionate and experienced copy editor who can help ensure our articles are of the highest quality. Our ideal candidate enjoys close collaboration with writers. He or she is able to succeed in a fast-paced environment and feels confident taking initiative. The ability to focus under pressure and multitask is essential.
This job has the ability for a work remote structure.
Here is what you’ll be responsible for in this position:
Provide accurate copy editing coverage for editorial team, adhering to company style, format, and procedures.
Work quickly in a collaborative fashion with editors and/or other team members.
Pitch ideas for articles on a daily basis.
Provide writers and editors with direct feedback on headlines, excerpt, sourcing, and image errors, as well as any repetitive mistakes.
Minimum of 1-2 years professional copy editing experience with published samples.
Ability to work evening/weekend shifts a must.
The ability to understand others’ perspectives in order to present information objectively and fairly.
A comprehensive understanding of all major social media platforms.
A comprehensive understanding of current events and American news and politics.
Proven ability to proactively problem solve.
Proven ability to work quickly.
A love for viral news and people in general.
Mac setup and monthly cell phone reimbursement
Fast-paced environment with no bureaucracy
Monthly parking or Metro stipend provided for on-site staff
100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance premium
3% contribution to 401k
Independent Journal Review (IJR) is one of the largest news publishers in the world. IJR is a news site dedicated to providing objective, fair, and deeply creative, shareable news. We are a Top 50 website in the US, averaging more than 30 million unique visitors a month.
The Family team is looking for a Senior Writer to write for an audience that cares about relationships, families and the issues that affect them. While Independent Journal Review is a political news platform, the right candidate for this opportunity would rather watch TLC and HGTV over tuning into major news networks to see what Trump is saying today.
By connecting deeply with our audience and building trust, we strive to foster a more informed and diverse community of opinion, using social connections to spread fair reporting delivered in a socially native fashion.
We're looking for a creative, passionate and experienced Senior Writer also interested in social media who can help ensure the success of our editorial team. Our ideal candidate enjoys close collaboration with writers and editors. He or she is able to succeed in a fast-paced environment and knows how to write for a parenting-focused audience.
This job will be based out of our Washington, D.C.-area office. This is a full-time position from Sunday to Thursday.
Here is what you’ll be responsible for in this position:
- Finding dynamic and unique content for a parenting and family-oriented audience.
- Writing articles for a social first audience.
- Work quickly in a collaborative fashion.
- Posting and optimizing articles placed to relevant social media pages, as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years professional editing experience in a fast-paced digital newsroom environment.
- Comfortable with being flexible in what your day to day looks like.
- The ability to understand others’ perspectives in order to present information objectively and fairly.
- Comprehensive understanding of all major social media platforms.
- Proactive problem-solving, organization, and communication skills.
- The ability to work quickly.
- The willingness to work weekends and holidays.
- A love for viral news and people in general.
- Photoshop skills a plus.
- Competitive compensation.
- Mac setup and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Fast-paced environment with no bureaucracy.
- Your choice of monthly parking or Metro stipend provided.
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance premium.
- 3% contribution to 401k.
- Catered team lunch every Friday.
Interested? Apply online and be sure to include samples of your work!Apply Now